Living life as an INFJ | Laura Alice

by - 12:55

Credit: google images

I've wanted to write this post for a while, but over the past several months of tests and reading up on my personality type, I wanted to sit down and explain what it's like being an INFJ.
I am with the 1-2% population of this type. the rarest of all. Only since I have become older, I have come to understand why I am so 'different' to most of the other people I know. 
Some characteristics of this personality type are:

* We are perfectionists - even with ourselves. I have always liked things organised and in order, I respect other people's way of living, I just enjoy being organised and sorting things, making sure things are put in a correct place. Oddly, I enjoy cleaning, it's a bit like therapy to me, it's releases a sense of stress for me and knowing places are clean and tidy. I am always in battle of how I should be, how I should live my live.

We are shy. Actually, no we are not. You would be surprised as when you first meet us, we are quiet, but for me, that's just my way of figuring people out. I can tell you my best friend would tell you this, once you get to know me, I can be such a confident person. So, with the right people and once I trust someone, I can totally open up and be a completely different person. I can often feel 'out of place' and i'm always wanting friends that truly understand me, and when I have that, I want to make sure they are in my life for a long time. I think this is a reason why I have very few close friends and not lot's of acquaintances. 

* Able to see into someones soul. A strange one I know, but this brings me onto this point. I am good at spotting when someone is either being fake or not themselves. I feel emotions very easily and it only takes someone tone of voice, their body language or even a text message for me to figure out that something is wrong. I find people can always trust me in telling me their problems and because an INFJ can feel emotions the most over any other personality type, we can get quite caught up in others and miss out on what is going on in our lives ourselves.

* Alone Time. Every INFJ or introvert will understand how important it is to have their alone time. Don't get me wrong I love spending time with others, either on a night out or for a meal/shopping, but once the day ends, I find nothing better then to have a bath, put my pj's on and just sit alone, either on my phone, reading, or watching YouTube videos. Many people have a wrong idea in that we are 'anti-social' but i'm not, I just have to have my alone time to re-charge. I think also, as an only child, my freedom and alone time has been a major part of my life as it's made me a more independent person. I really dislike someone who get into my personal space and are very smothering. Sitting here now and writing this blog post, i'm in my little alone time element :)

* Introverted. Oh yes, that word. Introvert. I'm the 'quiet one', 'shy one', 'doesn't talk much'. The reason I don't talk a lot is a sense of not belonging, or just because I'm an observer. For example: Whenever I am in a group, you will most likely find me at the back, observing what others have to say and do, how they are talking and their body language. I never crave to be centre of attention, especially in a group situation. It was always a dreaded day at school if I ever had to sit on a table at the front and I could see everyone sitting behind me! It felt like others were invading my space. I find being an introvert has made me more aware of myself and my surroundings.

* Writing more than speaking. Public speaking is one of my most negative traits. It's my worst nightmare to stand up in a huge crowd and talk. Even when I am talking on a one to one basis, there are many times I get my words jumbled up, even though I know what I mean in my head. Having time to write this blog post is much better than trying to explain it! They do say INFJ's become the best writers :)

* Not knowing everything about me. I have been told before that their are many layers to actually getting to know me. At first, I am like a closed door, it takes me a while to open to someone, and even the people that I have opened up to, are still yet to find out more things about me. I love the feeling of becoming someone no one thought I would be.

* Creative. I love all things creative. Art, photography, interior design. music, theatre. I think this is why I love Instagram, Pinterest and blogs so much as I can express my love of creativity through that. Music plays a massive role in my life, I could sit for hours just listening to my favourite songs and never get bored.

* Thirst for knowlege. This is probably a contradiction itself as I'm thirsty for knowledge, but never like asking for anything. However, I'm always interested in how we are, how humans do the things they do and why they do it. Also, always trying to make the world a better place, but not wanting the attention from the result. I'm always interested in the world, different countries and cultures and why things work and don't work. I'm always on the look out to learn and grow.

* Sensory. As INFJ's sense emotions, I find I have a sense of happiness in the simplest of things, for example: the wind blowing in the trees, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, the sound of rain on an umbrella or the smell from a local bakery. All those things I find make me happy. The little things. I can be completely entwined with what's going on around me at all times.

* We don't like conflict. I hate conflict and try my best to get along with other's as much as possible, which, can be a bad thing as I know people can 'walk all over you' if you don't stand up for yourself, and I can bottle my emotions up too much. Going back to feeling too many emotions, I can fall out with someone, but then always put the blame on myself and wonder what the other person is thinking, but I can give people too many chances that they deserve.

I think I have covered some of many points with the INFJ personality. Even if 1 person can relate to this, that would be great!
Since I discovered I was an INFJ, I've spent hours and hours looking up characteristics and other qualities and it's really interesting and scarily accurate on how this personality type is. 

X

  

You May Also Like

0 comments